Welcome to The TOFFEE Project.
The TOFFEE Project is a collection of Linux based open-source projects and its associated research.
- TOFFEE - WAN Optimization
- TOFFEE-DataCenter - Server and Data-Center WAN Optimization
- TOFFEE-Mocha - WAN Emulator
- TOFFEE-Butterscotch - Save and Optimize your Internet/WAN bandwidth
- TrueBench - multi-platform hardware/CPU benchmarking
- The Linux Channel - Linux and Open-Source Youtube channel
TOFFEE is an open-source WAN Optimization (Network Performance Optimization) software which can be used to optimize your critical networks such as:
Advantages of TOFFEE:
- unlimited TCP sessions
- optimizes TCP, UDP, ICMP and SCTP
- optimizes TCP-Header, UDP-Header (IP Header is untouched for seamless end-to-end packet routing)
- supports IPv4 and IPv6
- lossless packet compression
- packet de-duplication (templates)
- application specific optimization: HTTP, SSL, FTP, Skype, Google-Hangouts, DNS, VNC, TeamViewer, MySQL, CIFS, SIP, RTP/RTCP, SMTP, POP, etc
- stateless packet processing
- extended to support hardware packet processing as well hardware based loss-less compression (acceleration cards)
Limitations of TOFFEE:
TOFFEE Architecture: TOFFEE optimizes discrete Network packets in real-time. This makes TOFFEE scalable and extremely versatile in terms of
optimizing infinite number of TCP/UDP communication sessions. TOFFEE is built within Linux Kernel Networking sub-system, this makes TOFFEE to support
any third-party compression acceleration hardware with minimal integration effort. TOFFEE does not do file-caching, since in real-world applications
Network communication data is dynamic and unpredictable such as VOIP, live-streaming, TV broadcast and database applications. TOFFEE however optimizes
data (besides compression) via Data-Deduplication (a.k.a Packet Templating feature in TOFFEE) which is extremely effective in optimizing unpredictable
live dynamic data.
Learn more about: TOFFEE WAN Optimization deployment
TOFFEE-DataCenter is the new upcoming TOFFEE variant meant for Data Center, Server, HPC, Load Balancing, Cluster Computing, SDN deployments.
TOFFEE-Butterscotch is an open-source software which can be used to save and optimize your Internet/WAN bandwidth.
Unlike TOFFEE (and TOFFEE-DataCenter) TOFFEE-Butterscotch is a non peer-to-peer (and asymmetric) network optimization solution.
This makes TOFFEE-Butterscotch an ideal tool for all Home and SOHO users.
TOFFEE-Mocha is an open-source WAN Emulation software which can be used to emulate (simulate) WAN networks. You can build test WAN networks and emulate WAN
like behavior with TOFFEE-Mocha such as packet delays, random packet drops, packet corruption and so on.
TOFFEE-Mocha can also be used as a tool to build TOFFEE WAN Optimization test setup at your lab. With TOFFEE-Mocha WAN Emulator you can emulate:
- Latency and Bandwidth
- Bursty Traffic (Jitter)
- Packet Loss
Learn more about: TOFFEE-Mocha WAN Emulator deployment
TrueBench is an unique open-source benchmarking system in which the core system performance and efficiency parameters are measured at extreme high resolution in the
order of several million/billion µ-seconds for a given specific task. TrueBench is a part of The TOFFEE Project research.
For more details: visit TrueBench
The Linux Channel - is a tech Youtube channel which showcases in depth video episodes on generic tech,
on-line training video episodes, Linux Kernel, Open-Source, Systems Architecture, Networking, product reviews,
VLOGs, news updates and other interesting stuff. For more details: visit The Linux Channel on Youtube