Welcome to The TOFFEE Project.
The TOFFEE Project is a collection of Linux based open-source projects and its associated research.
- TOFFEE - WAN Optimization
- TOFFEE-DataCenter - Server and Data-Center WAN Optimization
- TOFFEE-Mocha - WAN Emulator
- TOFFEE-Butterscotch - Save and Optimize your Internet/WAN bandwidth
- TrueBench - multi-platform hardware/CPU benchmarking
- The Linux Channel - Linux and Open-Source video channel
TOFFEE is an open-source WAN Optimization (Network Performance Optimization) software which can be used to optimize your critical networks such as:
Advantages of TOFFEE:
- unlimited TCP sessions
- optimizes TCP, UDP, ICMP and SCTP
- optimizes TCP-Header, UDP-Header (IP Header is untouched for seamless end-to-end packet routing)
- makes existing VPNs perform faster: TOFFEE prevents VPN packet fragmentation which occur commonly due to extra headers and encryption (exceeding MTU)
- supports IPv4 and IPv6
- lossless packet compression
- packet de-duplication
- application specific optimization: HTTP, SSL, FTP, Skype, Google-Hangouts, DNS, VNC, TeamViewer, MySQL, CIFS, SIP, RTP/RTCP, SMTP, POP, etc
- stateless packet processing
- extended to support hardware packet processing as well hardware based loss-less compression (acceleration cards)
- optimizes live streaming data (such as VoIP, Podcasts, Radio, Live TV), which cannot be optimized via any existing file caching solutions
Limitations of TOFFEE:
TOFFEE Architecture: TOFFEE optimizes discrete Network packets in real-time. This makes TOFFEE scalable and extremely versatile in terms of
optimizing infinite number of TCP/UDP communication sessions. TOFFEE is built within Linux Kernel Networking sub-system, this makes TOFFEE to support
any third-party compression acceleration hardware with minimal integration effort. TOFFEE does not do file-caching, since in real-world applications
Network communication data is dynamic and unpredictable such as VOIP, live-streaming, TV broadcast and database applications. TOFFEE however optimizes
data (besides compression) via Data-Deduplication (a.k.a Packet Templating feature in TOFFEE) which is extremely effective in optimizing unpredictable
live dynamic data.
Learn more about: TOFFEE WAN Optimization deployment
TOFFEE-DataCenter is the new TOFFEE variant meant for Data-Center, Server, HPC, Load Balancing, Cluster/Cloud Computing and SDN deployments.
Here are some of the
screenshots of TOFFEE-DataCenter deployed in a powerful Dual CPU Dell Server with Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5645 @ 2.40GHz.
TOFFEE-DataCenter with GlusterFS Storage Cluster: GlusterFS Storage Cluster (cloud storage) is a
distributed cluster network-attached storage file system often used in cloud computing, streaming media services,
and content delivery networks (CDN). GlusterFS can be implemented as file-based mirroring and replication,
file-based striping, file-based load balancing, volume failover, scheduling and disk caching, storage quotas, and volume snapshots. And this can span across
tens and hundreds of servers. GlusterFS is open-source, incredibly powerful, easy to scale and relatively easy to setup and because of these reasons the biggest
players in IT world such as
and many others are building their entire IT storage infrastructure with GlusterFS. With TOFFEE-DataCenter you can optimize
huge data volumes of GlusterFS servers connected between the main data-center(s) and remotely connected remote disaster recovery site(s) as shown below.
Learn more about: TOFFEE-DataCenter Server and Data-Center WAN Optimization
TrueBench is an unique open-source benchmarking system in which the core system performance and efficiency parameters are measured at extreme high resolution in the
order of several million/billion µ-seconds for a given specific task. TrueBench is a part of The TOFFEE Project research.
For more details: visit TrueBench
TOFFEE-Butterscotch is an open-source software which can be used to save and optimize your Internet/WAN bandwidth.
Unlike TOFFEE (and TOFFEE-DataCenter) TOFFEE-Butterscotch is a non peer-to-peer (and asymmetric) network optimization solution.
This makes TOFFEE-Butterscotch an ideal tool for all Home and SOHO users.
TOFFEE-Mocha is an open-source WAN Emulation software which can be used to emulate (simulate) WAN networks. You can build test WAN networks and emulate WAN
like behavior with TOFFEE-Mocha such as packet delays, random packet drops, packet corruption and so on.
TOFFEE-Mocha can also be used as a tool to build TOFFEE WAN Optimization test setup at your lab. With TOFFEE-Mocha WAN Emulator you can emulate:
- Latency and Bandwidth
- Bursty Traffic (Jitter)
- Packet Loss
Learn more about: TOFFEE-Mocha WAN Emulator deployment
The Linux Channel - is a tech video channel which showcases in depth video episodes on generic tech,
on-line training video episodes, Linux Kernel, Open-Source, Systems Architecture, Networking, product reviews,
VLOGs, news updates and other interesting stuff.
For more details: